Saturday, November 05, 2011

For Nikoline, from Her Mother

My Dear Bub,


My wonderful angel,


You graced us with your presence, you enriched our lives for 13 years, from the day you were born, and now forever in our hearts. You quietly made everybody around you happy, and nobody could help being affected by your lovely spirit.


You filled every spare moment with creativity, be it painting or inventing dialogues between your horses with a multitude of accents and personalities or even designing clothes for your huge flock of toy animals. You loved reading so much and when you'd go missing I'd often find you in bed with a good book.


Your love for your animals was imense. From all the horses and your goats to even the smallest and ugliest little chicken. The uglier the better. When one of your chickens would get eaten, your sorrow was profound and we never did manage to get rid of any of your "favourite" 20 roosters.


You were such a good friend to your sister, Linnea, with whom you shared work and play. I know that she misses you so much, so please provide her strength to go on without you. And help your other siblings and your father and myself become whole again, because losing you has made us feel broken.


My little angel, you were beautiful in every way. Your life was so full and everyone loved you. You brought me so much happiness. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy, and you were. Maybe your days in this dimension with us were not cut short to take you away from us but to keep you with us, forever perfect.


Translated into Spanish:


Mi querida Bubba,


Mi angelito precioso,


Nos diste gracia con tu presencia, nos enriqueciste la vida durante 13 años, desde el momento de tu nacimiento y ahora por siempre en nuestros corazones. Tu siempre trajiste felicidad a todos en tu alrededor en una manera tranquila y nadie se escapo de ser afectado por tu lindo espíritu.


Tu llenaste todo momento libre con creatividad, fuese pintando, o inventando diálogos entre tus caballos con una multitud de acentos y personalidades o hasta diseñar ropa para tu cantidad de animales de juguete. Te encantaba leer tanto, que cuando desaparecías, muchas veces te encontraba en tu cama con un buen libro.


El amor por tus animales era immenso. Desde todos lo caballos y las cabras haste el pollito mas pequeno y el mas feo. Entre mas feo aun mejor. Cuando una de tus gallinas fue comida, tu dolor era profundo y nunca pudimos liberarnos de tus 20 gallos "favoritos."


Tu fuiste tan buena amiga para tu hermana Linnea, con quien compartiste trabajo y diversión. Yo se, que a ella le haces mucha falta, por favor ayudadle a conseguir fuerza para seguir adelante sin ti. Ayuda a tus otros hermanos, a tu padre y a mi a volver a ser todos en uno, pues el perderte nos ha hecho sentir quebrantados.


Mi pequeña angelito, eras bella en todo aspecto. Tu vida era llena y todos te amaban. Tu me trajiste tanta felicidad. Todo lo que siempre quise es que fueras feliz, y lo fuiste. Tal vez tus días en esta dimensión con nosotros no se corto para que nos fueras quitada si no para guardarte en nosotros, por siempre perfecta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mother to mother, I want you to know I am still weeping over your loss. I can't imagine what you must be feeling, having lost your beautiful daughter, your family scattered. I send you and your family my own energy and best wishes for continued strength and a quick, positively effective resolution to this continued nightmare.

Danica

Athena & Family said...

What beautiful words from you and James. I am heart-broken with you and your whole family. I won't even pretend to know how you must be feeling. I know the devastation of my children's skinned knees, hurt feelings, and the pain of not being able to just wrap them in my arms and keep them safe from the world. I don't know your pain but I imagine it would probably break me. Your family is so strong and so well bonded and so full of love that I am certain that is the blessing that will bring you through your sorrow.

I don't know your beliefs on death and I hope this poem doesn't cause offense but it is one that has brought me great comfort through the years. I hope it will do the same for you.
*******
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.
*******