Friday, October 17, 2008

Out of the Blue


Aside from appreciating their beauty, horses never did much for me until I had these two horse crazy girls. My oldest was nuts for anything equine even when we lived in the city, so moving to cowboy country was a thrill for her. My youngest has followed suit in the adoration of anything horsie, and much of their play revolves around a ridding theme.

Now, I have joined suit in the love of the horse. I am intrigued by their form, power, agility and personality. While I don't know nearly as much as my oldest daughter, I know more about horses now than I ever imagined I would. This is what kids do. They bring elements to our lives that we never would have discovered without them.


Horses may fade from being such a high priority in my girls' lives. I can't even imagine what is to come. No matter who I am and what floats my boat, my kids are there own beings and will discover what it is that drives them all on their own. Meanwhile, I simply get to enjoy watching this evolution and take in all the bits of this world I never would have discovered without my girls.

No comments: