Sunday, April 27, 2014

Fin

The struggle I have had to continue writing on this blog is born of some sort of intellectual paralysis. I have been stunned by life and I just don't know what to say. I realize that I can only express an unknowing so many times, floating is just not that interesting. Considering the incredible journey I have taken with this blog, it has been difficult for me to admit that my Open Toe Shoes have worn out. The title and need to vent were of Costa Rica and are no longer applicable to my life. So, if anyone is still paying attention, thanks for following over the years. This is the end of Open Toe Shoes. It is time for something new.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

My family and I are planning on going to Cost Rica for a year. We do not vaccinate out 2 girls (8 years old and 2 years old). I have contacted 3 International schools and they said they do not require vaccinations for my 8 year old to get into their school. I am however extremely concerned that even though the school doesn't require it that the medical establishment there will either try to vaccinate my child in school during school hours or come to my rental house. If we are only planning on going for 1 year do you think I will have any problems?

Unknown said...

My e-mail address is jillianvm77@hotmail.com

Alison said...

Hi Jillian. I simply cannot say if you will or will not have any problems. From our experience, Costa Rica is very inconsistent with what is and is not enforced, and to what extent, not to mention that law is subject to personal interpretation and often disregarded. You are wise to be concerned. We heard of unannounced vaccinations at public schools but I don't know about private schools. Public health nurses do travel door to door.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alison I'm living in Costa Rica now with my family. I have read all of the story of James poor family. I hold his same views on many things. Are they okay now is there any way to donate to help them. The world is growing smaller with fewer places to find freedom I wonder the future of my family sometimes. If there is any way to help them let me know I'll watch the comments.

Alison said...

Hello Anonymous, I am glad you found the blog and I hope you are having a reasonable time living in Costa Rica. Your concern and desire to help are deeply appreciated, however they desire no donations. Your time and interest in understanding this tragedy is encouraging. Decided fear and ignorance speed the decay of the freedoms we take for granted and are quickly losing.