Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Trigger

Driving through a bit of I-don't-know-what-that's-all-about construction the other day, we encountered a  well weathered man whose job it was to hold the stop/slow sign. Despite his mundane task, this man was grooving to his own inner vibe. Uninhibited as he spun the sign to let us pass, his arms, legs and stop sign were obviously feeling something special.

After we all chuckled a bit, I wondered what allows people to shed the heavy. Had he really reached his age, gotten that gray and arrived at the stop sign holding duty without life ever roughing him up? I doubt it; but there he was, dancing in the streets. Maybe some people are lighter than others, carefree and naturally animated. Maybe he was a little crazy. Maybe he was medicated. Maybe he was just having a stellar day. Whatever it was, the innocent absurdity was contagious enough to make all of us smile and giggle a bit.

Now, I don't want to dance alone in the streets, but I envied the moment. He seemed to be unaffected by  life and able to pass off good vibes no matter the circumstances. That man, at that moment, made me wish to hold the growth and shed the bitterness delivered to me through time. He reminded me how our energy transfers to others and the potential it has to carry a positive or negative charge. Without being in denial of reality, I think I have the power to make others feel good and I want to do that, every day.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Love this! So excited to see you writing again. What a gift you have & what a gift you are!

Alison said...

Thanks Colleen. Love to you!